The Morris Triplets




Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Slow but Steady

I am writing this today with a great sense of relief.  Due to something my nurse saw on HR monitor last night, MD decided to move my ultrasound up from Thursday to today.   (Baby C's HR appeared to be dropping momentarily, but would immediately return to a normal level--nurse said it could be from baby tugging on umbilical cord but she wanted to let MD know)
Again, Baby C had continuous forward umbilical cord blood flow, ratio still higher than normal limits, but continuous none the less--which is good news!
Braden (Baby A) weighs approx 2lbs 13 oz today and is in 12th percentile (based on wt of a singleton baby)
Kate (Baby B) weighs approx 3lbs 3 oz today and is in 40th percentile!! (I think she needs to share some of the food!)
Brooks (Baby C) weighs approx 1 lbs 14 oz today and is in the less than 5th percentile--still small, but growing
I was pretty nervous following this US and wondered if today was going to be the day I was going to meet these precious little babies.  MD looked over my US results and said "your babies look good".  She told me that my babies are growing at "their own rate" and have shown consistent growth at "their rate" for the past 2.5 weeks.  The sense of relief I felt when I heard her say those words was overwhelming.  I am so happy to know that the babies are growing-slow but steady!
Overall, I am still feeling pretty good these days.  The hospital bed is obviously getting a little old, but hopefully, I will have to endure it a few more weeks!  Babies will be 30 weeks on Saturday-what a milestone! 
Please continue to pray that these babies will keep growing and my body will be able to handle the growth without going into labor early!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment