The Morris Triplets




Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Babies are Here!!

Sorry I am just now getting back to the blog.  I have been amazed at how busy I have been already, even with nurses taking care of the babies, but I have wanted to be with them as much as possible--which keeps me away from computer.  As most of you already know...Babies are Here!  I woke up around 4:20 on Saturday November 20 (32 Weeks exactly!) to find my water had broken.  I was shocked, scared, nervous and excited and within 3 hours had 3 beautiful babies.  Kate, who was supposed to be Baby B based on position in utero, wanted to be first and worked her way around to do just that.  She was born at 7:22, weighed 3lbs 12oz, 16.5" long.  Braden, who so kindly let his sister come out first, came out also at 7:22, weighed 3 lbs 11oz, 16.25" long.  My little guy, Brooks, is actually the one who broke his water.  I figure he decided he was tired of being hungry (from the absent flow) and allowed mommy to get to 32 weeks as she wanted then had enough.  He arrived at 7:23 weighing a mere 1lbs 15oz, 14.5" long--he is such a fighter!
  It has been a crazy few days and after almost 6 weeks of being here in hospital, I will be going home tomorrow.  I have mixed feelings about this departure, as I am so excited about being home, I am also so sad about leaving the babies behind.  I know this is where they need to be for now, so they can continue to grow and get the proper monitoring they need at this point, but it is very hard to leave them behind.  I am hoping that Braden and Kate will be home with in the next 4 weeks or so and then Brooks a couple of weeks after that.  I will be driving back and forth daily until then to see the babies and gradually become more active in their care. 
   I feel like I am on cloud nine when I am with these babies and am so proud of how well they have all done.  Not one of them has had to be put on supplemental O2 and they have been able to tolerate the feeding intake as advised by MD according to what he feels appropriate.  Each of the babies did develop some jaundice and have been under special lights for treatment of this since day 2.  They also wear eye protectors to shield their eyes from the light--which are the "sunglasses" you see in pics.
  Well, I am headed down to see my beautiful babies, so this is all for now.  I do want to thank you all again for the prayers and ask that you please do not stop them yet.  God is so good and has protected our little ones so far, but they are not out of the woods yet.  Please continue to keep Kate, Braden and Brooks in your prayers daily.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment