The Morris Triplets




Monday, November 15, 2010

Every Day is a Blessing

Well, as you can see....the 31 week pics did not get posted as I promised.  I actually ended up having a pretty rough weekend and pictures were not on the top of my priority list at the time.  I began noticing increased back pain on Friday, which I was contributing to the size of my large stomach pulling on my back.  Everyone else seemed to agree, as my stomach has been growing rapidly in the past couple of weeks, so I just figured this was a pregnancy discomfort I would have to deal with for the next few weeks.  By Saturday night the back pain was much worse and unrelenting.  When I tried to lie down to sleep Saturday night, I was extremely restless and could not get comfortable.  My sweet mother had come up that night and was staying with me, so she suggested I ask for some Tylenol.  After tossing and turning for a few minutes, I decided to try the Tylenol.   By the time the nurse arrived with my Tylenol, I was literally shaking and contracting pretty frequently.  She hooked me back up to monitor and called MD on call for that night.  They decided to give me another type of med to help with the shaking and began an IV with fluids.  After a VERY long night, I woke up feeling better, but pretty groggy.  MD had ordered blood work to be done that morning where they found my platelets had dropped to 87,000 and my liver enzymes were elevated (signs of HELLP syndrome).  They decided to recheck the blood that evening and if no better, they were going to deliver the babies last night.  I was not allowed to eat after 10AM in case I had to deliver that night.  MD's had pretty much prepared me to deliver last night, but at about 7:30, I got a call saying I could eat dinner because my blood work had improved--BEST news of the day!
  They did blood work again this morning, which showed I was stable, so we are "moving forward cautiously" (per Dr. Saig).  She said she does not think this episode is something we can just forget now that I feel better, so she is going to check my blood again tomorrow. 
  Good news--US this morning went great!  All babies got 8/8 on BPP and blood flow to Baby C looked much better than last week. 
   Based on everything this weekend, I do feel the babies birthday is coming sooner rather than later.  I still really want to make it to 32 weeks, but I know at this point, every day I am able to keep these babies in  is a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment