The Morris Triplets




Friday, November 12, 2010

4 Weeks in Hospital and Counting!

   As of today, I have officially been in the hospital for 4 weeks.  I am so thankful for everyday I have had here at Baptist and believe prayers, rest and excellent care from MD/nurses are the reason I have been able to make it this far without having to deliver. 
   It is kind of ironic how your mind thinks when you are here in this situation.  When I came into hospital (at 26 weeks 6 days), I remember thinking "I will feel so much better after I have passed the 28 week milestone".  After we made it to that point with no major problems (other than my awful gall stone!), I kept thinking "just let me get to 30 weeks, then I will feel better if I have to deliver".  Now of course at almost 31 weeks (I will be 31 weeks tomorrow), all I can think is "please let me make it to 32".  I am sure if God's plan is to let us make it to this milestone, I will be begging to get to 34 weeks.
   I had another doppler US and BPP yesterday which, unfortunately, did not go as well as it has in the past.  First, Baby A (Braden) decided to not cooperate and show us his ability to "practice breathe", so the sonographer said she could not pass him for the BPP and I would have to come back in the afternoon.  I was not too worried about this because he has never had a problem with this and actually gets the hiccups (which they consider a form of practice breathing) all the time!  My main concern was caused by the increased time of absent flow noted throughout the cord with Baby C (Brooks) today.  There was still no reversal of flow-which is good, but MD said that based on this US, the absent flow seems to be progressing now.   Thankfully, Baby C still scored an 8/8 on biophysical profile, so MD's said that we would not "overreact" (deliver) just yet.  I did go back yesterday afternoon for follow up US on Braden to make sure he would show us that he could "practice breathe" and this time he passed with flying colors.
   I will try to post some new pics tomorrow when I reach the 31 WEEK milestone!
   Please continue the prayers that Brooks's flow does not become reversed and all babies continue to grow appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment