The Morris Triplets




Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Day At A Time

  I have now been on hospital bedrest for 6 days.  Thanks to my wonderful family and friends, the time so far has actually moved rather quickly (well maybe not quick, but not as bad as expected).  The first few days in the hospital were pretty uneventful, which is how I prefer it because that means we are all doing okay.  Unfortunately,Tuesday was much more "eventful" than I like.  I woke up with mild pain just under sternum and noticed a had difficulty catching my breath.  I brushed it off as a pain from the growing babies and tried to ignore it.  I went down for US and got a good report on all 3 babies.  They all scored an 8/8 on biophysical profile which assesses fluid levels, HR, fetal movement and their ability to "practice breathing".  The blood flow to Baby C had not changed, which I was taking as good news since it could get worse.  As the day went on, my pain began to gradually increase and was now in my back b/t my shoulder blades.  By early afternoon I was very uncomfortable and had to inform the nurse of my discomfort.  They thought at first the pain may have been due to indegestion and gave me Pepcid.  About an hour later the pain was worse so the nurse decided to contact MD.  I was hooked up to monitor to watch babies HR and my contractions and thankfully all babies were fine, however my contractions began increasing (due to my pain).  Following quite a few more meds (to stop contractions, decrease pain and help me sleep), the contractions decreased and I was able to fall asleep.  I had a little soreness the following morning, but thankfully by today the pain was gone.  MD said they think I may have passed a gall stone due to some elevations they noted in my liver enzymes (which had decreased by this morning).  Whatever it was--I am so thankful it is gone!  I was not sure that I could tolerate much longer with that much pain and was beginning to think I was going to have to deliver the babies.
    Today was a great day!  I had no pain and got another good report on the babies.  A second doppler US was done today that revealed baby C's cord flow was within normal limits (still on the high side, but in normal range!).  I do not have any updated measurements on the babies, but am very encouraged by this news concerning improvement in blood flow.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment