The Morris Triplets




Sunday, October 10, 2010

26 Weeks!

Wow!  When I think back on the last 7 days, quite a bit has happened (especially considering I have been on modified bed rest!)
 We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives.  In the past 2 weeks we have had 2 more showers where we received more than I could imagine.  With help of my mom, mother in law and sister-- the nursery is coming together and we are beginning to collect items that will be desperately needed in the next few months-years.  Our diaper collection appears to be pretty impressive at this point, but when I really think about it, I realize that we will probably go through all those boxes in 3-4 weeks! 
  Last week was my first week off from work.  I thought I would go crazy lying/sitting around the house all day and then feared I would not sleep a wink at night, however, the days passed more quickly than I thought (and I stil slept much better than expected)!  I did decide to see a new MD and am thrilled with her!  She is so nice, personable, knowledgable and makes me feel much more comfortable than my last experience.  I had US again on Friday to check my cervix length and growth of all 3 babies.  Luckily, my cervix had stabilized and had not gotten any shorter since the previous week.  As we continued on with the US and I began to see my babies I became so excited and optimistic about my ability to carry these babies beyond 32 weeks (which is considered average term for triplets).  Baby A (boy) continues to grow right on track and was found to be in the 48th percentile weighing 1lbs 15 oz.  Baby B (girl) is keeping up with her brother also in the 48th percentile weighing 1lbs 15oz.  Unfortunately my little guy (baby C) continues to struggle with his growth.  He is not growing as quickly as he should be and is weighing only 1lbs 5 oz at this time (i know that doesnt seem like a big difference, but when my MD compared them in gram 882 vs 585g I knew he was really lagging behind).  Obviously, this is our main concern at this time rather than me going into premature labor (as was my concern last week).
  What I love about my new MD is that she actually called to tell me her concerns and actually discuss her plans and some options we will have in the near future if his growth does not speed up.  Options at this time primarily involve giving me steroid injections to speed along lung development of all the babies in case an early delivery is needed (to ensure Baby C receives the nourishment he needs).  I will see MD again next week and she is now going to be doing the growth checks weekly to track his progress.  In the mean time, I will be lying around.  I have read (which I know I probably should not be reading online), but that lying on your left side is the best way to increase blood flow to fetus--which increases the nutrients that the babies will receive, so that is my plan for this week--Spend as much time on my left side as possibe AND of course PRAY. 
  It is easy for me to once again try and take control of a situation that is really out of my control.  I have to remind myself that God gave me these precious babies and he has a plan for us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment