The Morris Triplets




Sunday, October 24, 2010

Emotional Highs and Lows

With many prayers, rest and good MD's I was able to hit the 28 week milestone yesterday. The past couple of days have been "medically uneventful" as my MD would say--which is how we like it!  In my last post, I was very encouraged about the results of an US that had been performed that day, only to be totally discouraged the following day by another US (definite periods of absent flow were noted with baby C in US on Friday).   After a day filled with a lot of crying, I spoke with MD and realized I was probably overreacting a bit.  I have decided that I know just enough about what is going on and what we are looking for on US to really know nothing at all!  She explained to me that rather than acting(deciding to deliver babies) based on results of one US that showed intermittent absent flow (unless reverse flow is noted), they look at the big picture.  For now, the "big picture" still shows all 3 babies with good HR's, good fluid levels and good fetal movement.   Another US is scheduled for tomorrow so I have decided to just relax and TRY not to overreact.
I can not say enough about the care I have received since arriving here at Baptist.  The nurses on the  antepartum floor are absolutely amazing and seem to know exactly what to say and when to say it.  I typically see 2 doctors at least 1x/day if not 2x/day and am very confident in their skills at this time as well.  The bed is getting a little old these days, but I was given the okay today to go on wheelchair rides outside to get some fresh air.  I think the MD's get worried that their patients are going to go crazy in here because they are always giving me ideas of different things I could do to keep myself busy. 
I am thankful for the wonderful friends and family that have stopped by which also definitely help the time roll on by. 
Thanks to all of you who have been praying for us--- we definitely need them right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment