The Morris Triplets




Saturday, September 11, 2010

22 Weeks!

    Another week has flown by--I am 22 weeks pregnant today and still feeling pretty good!  I had my weekly "check up" yesterday, which thankfully went great.  The babies all appeared to be very active on US and are growing right along.  The sonographer was surprised to hear that I could not feel the babies movements during the US, considering how active they were yesterday.  I do feel them move some, but I have yet to feel that "gut wrenching punch or kick" many have warned me about.  I am sure I will regret saying this later, but I actually want to feel the kicks and punches right now and even more want Travis to be able to feel them move.  Who knows, maybe the punch or kick I have been waiting for will come this week!  The sonographer went on to tell me my fluid levels look good (which is vital to prevent preterm labor) and was very encouraging.
    This week started a little rough with me being very tired and having a mild backache, but as the days went on, my energy actually picked up and my back stopped hurting.  I truly believe work is a good thing for me right now.  I hope to be able to continue working till the end of Oct (7 more weeks) as planned, but I guess only time will tell.

Time to vent...   
As I have met many mothers of multiples over the past few months, I have been warned about the comments I would hear ("UGH...3 at one time", "well, i dont know if I need to tell you congrats or condolences",  "it is going to be hard", " how are YOU going to carry 3", "how did this happen?"--REALLY???, etc...the list goes on and on).  I thought I would be able to just ignore them, but after 22 weeks of hearing negative comments about your pregnancy, it does sort of start to take a toll on you.  Sometimes I wonder if people think I planned it this way...i know it will be hard, but these 3 blessings were a gift from God. 
    I truly appreciate the occasional words of encouragement that I receive and I love it when someone is actually excited for me.  I am excited about the new challenges that have been placed in my life and feel ready to face them head on.  I have a wonderful support system (God, husband, family, friends, church family) surrounding me which gives me constant reassurance that everything will be fine.
It has been interesting to me that 99% of the people with negative comments are those that have no experience with multiple children.  The mothers of multiples I have met have told me that this will be the most fun I have ever had in my life--and I believe them.  Okay, enough venting...I just heard one too many negative comments yesterday and needed to get that off my chest.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment