The Morris Triplets




Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stomach bug hits the Morris Home HARD!

Over the past year I have made note of many "ups and downs" in our crazy life.  Thankfully, the "ups" far outweigh the "downs", but we are going to need a lot of positivity in the next few weeks to outweigh this past weekend:) 
The entire Morris household was hit with the stomach bug.  It all began Friday morning when I woke up feeling a little uneasy.  I brushed it off, but knew it was more than "a headache from being tired" when I went to get Brooks up and found he had been sick over the night (poor baby).  I wont give a play by play of the entire weekend; but sick, smelly, cranky, and just plain Gross pretty much sum it up.  Luckily, Travis and I timed our illness perfectly (I was sick on Friday and then Travis got it on Saturday) so someone was able to take care of the kids while the other was laid up in bed.  My wonderful mother was a HUGE help, but unfortunately became ill on Saturday night.  Within 3 days, all 5 of us + my mom and dad got the bug. The women seem to handle the "bug" a little better than our significant others (my mom and I were better 24-36hrs after symptoms began, where as dad and Travis are still not up to par).  The kids have been very cranky (understandable) and dirty (we will just leave it at that:)
I feel like we have used more Lysol this weekend than the past year combined and my hands are literally hurting from washing them so much.  I feel sure that this will not be the only stomach bug that wreaks havoc on our house, but I sure hope that the kids are potty trained by the time we are hit by the next one!
On a positive note, I am thankful that the illness hit us this weekend, rather than next weekend (Christmas)!

1 comment:

  1. This is my biggest fear!! At least you didnt end up in the ER. Hope you get about a year of healthiness after this.

    ReplyDelete