The Morris Triplets




Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23, 2011

I have wonderful intentions of updating this site at least weekly, but as you can see...that does not always happen.  Since I have been a stay at home mom for the past few weeks, I honestly do not know where the time goes.  My day typically starts around 6:30am and the next thing I know, it is 4:00pm and Travis is home.  If it has been a good day, I will have real clothes and maybe even a little make up on, but Travis will be the first to tell you that this does not happen everyday!  Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who will laugh at me and love me anyways.
As far as the babies go, everyone is doing well.  We had MD appt last week and got new weights on everyone: Kate-8lbs 4oz, Braden:7lbs 10 oz and Brooks:6lbs 4 oz.  Kate has now been back on breastmilk for the past week and a half and thankfully has been tolerating it well.  For now, she is receiving only breastmilk and I have started supplementing with formula b/t the boys.  Braden and Brooks were not huge fans of the formula at first, but have transitioned to the occasional bottle well.  They do spit up quite a bit more, but overall are doing well.
Yesterday, we had a coordinator with TEIS (Tennessee Early Intervention Systems) come out to start the process on having all 3 evaluated to see if they will qualify for TEIS services.  Since they were 8 weeks premature, they will likely qualify and begin receiving therapies at home in the near future.  I am looking forward to this beginning--I feel like they are all doing well, but I figure some extra, specialized help will be great for their development.
Monday is the big day--I return to work after being out for 5 months!  I am looking forward to getting into a routine, but am really going to miss my little angels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment