The Morris Triplets




Sunday, December 12, 2010

Braden is HOME!

We are so blessed to have one of our sons home with us tonight.  Unfortunately, Kate and Brooks are still at the hospital, but thankfully are doing well and will hopefully join Braden at home soon.  We had an interesting night last night when we "roomed in" at Baptist Hospital.  The NICU likes for parents to room in with their babies before they take them home to ensure parents feel comfortable taking care of a premature baby.  Braden was such a good baby who really only became upset with me when we had to change his clothes.  He has had a great day at home and was able to meet some of his aunts and uncles when he got home.  I am so happy to have him home and can only imagine how much better I will feel when I have all of my precious babies at home.
Kate is doing well and was actually supposed to come home with Braden today, however, due to higher than desired bilirubin levels (causes jaundice), she had to stay.  Hopefully they will be able to get this controlled soon and she will be home later this week.  Brooks is also doing very well.  He has began to really put on some wt this week (weighing in at a whopping 2lbs 8.75oz!) and has been tolerating all feedings well. 
With a baby in my home, I am finally starting to feel like a real mommy!--looking forward to the adventures ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment